2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
November 14, 2011 §
2011 was not a good year for reading challenges for me. I had some ‘real life’ responsibilities that overwhelmed me at the beginning of the year that caused me to take an extended break from blogging and, as a result, many of my reading challenges were left uncompleted. Needless to say, my TBR pile has become quite an intimidating stack! I have been lucky enough to win so many books from some incredible blogs and I am determined to read each and every one of them. So I’ve decided to join the TBR Pile Reading Challenge that is being hosted by Evie’s Bookish and quite a few others where there promises to be a monthly review linkup, mini challenges, and monthly giveaways as an incentive to keep going. This should be a fun challenge that will help me get through those books I’ve been dying to read anyway! I’m starting off small since the rule is I can go up but not down in the challenge so I’m going to commit to A Friendly Hug which is the second level requiring me to read 11-20 books! Wish me luck!!
Want to join in the fun? Here’s the details!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love at First Sight
41-50 – Married with Children
Evie from Bookish – http://www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com @SeoEvie
Nicole from All I Ever Read – http://www.nicoleabouttown.com/ @Nicoleabouttown
Bonnie from Hands and Home – http://www.handsandhome.ca/
Donna from Book Passion For Life – http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/ @BookPforLife
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading – http://whatchyareading.net
Rie from Mission To Read – http://missiontoread.com/
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea –http://booksbiscuitsandtea.blogspot.com/ @alouetteuette
Christa from Hooked On Books – http://christashookedonbooks.blogspot.com
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction – http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/ @fansoffiction
Angel from Mermaids Vision – http://mermaidvision.wordpress.com @mermaidvisions
Wrap-Up POST Schedule:
January – Donna (Theme: Let It Snow + Book Cover Challenge)
February – Nicole (Theme: Un-requited Love/Love Gone Wrong + Advice Column Challenge)
March – Rie (Theme: Green or Pinched + Green Cover Challenge)
April – Bonnie (Theme: Easter + Mini Challenge)
May – Christa (Theme: MayDay – Disaster Books! + Cover Disaster Challenge)
June – Jenna ( Theme: Camping + Sentence Challenge)
July – Rie (Theme: International Day + Cover Comparison Challenge)
August – Angel (Theme: Summer Memories + Send Your Fav Character On Vacation Challenge)
September – Nicole (Theme: Life Changing Books + Mini Challenge)
October – Caitlin (Theme: Thanksgiving Theme + Share-A-Book Challenge)
November – Vicky (Theme: Spooky Halloween + Book Puzzle Challenge)
December – Evie (Theme: Xmas Bliss + Book Bachelor Challenge)
Sounds great right?? Evie left the option open to change and rearrange the TBR books I’ve chosen for the challenge which is great! Here is a tentative list of what I plan to read for this challenge:
1. All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin
2. Shine by Laruen Myracle
3. 20 Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
4. Moonbeams by Lakisha Spletzer
5. Chime by Franny Billingsley
6. Jenny Pox by JL Bryan
7. Dracula In Love by Karen Essex
8. Whirl by Emma Raveling
9. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
10. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
11. Feed by Mira Grant
12. After by Amy Efaw
13. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr
14. Flat – Out Love by Jessica Park
15.My Fair Godmother by Jannette Rallison
16.The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
17. Birthmarked by Caragh M Obrien
Well, this is enough of a list to get started. This is likely to change, for one reason because I am hoping to read at least a few of these before the end of the year!! Do you plan to sign up? Do you also have an overwhelming to-read pile?Are there any on my to-read list that are also on yours or that you’ve read and think I should move to the top of the list (or the bottom)? Leave me a comment and let me know!