Blog Resolutions 2011
December 31, 2010 § Leave a comment
I started this blog in Oct of 2010 and I’m happy with what I’ve done so far. I love the book blogging community and the wonderful people I’ve met in just this short amount of time. I look forward to being even more involved in 2011 and have made my own list of blog resolutions for the new year.
1. Comment more. I read so many of your blogs in my reader every day, but due to work, family, and time constraints, I never seem to have enough time to comment as much as I would like. So I want to commit to commenting on at least 5 posts a day that I find interesting.
2. More reviews. Those same time constraints significantly hinder how much reading I can do in a week, but I still want to commit to at least 1-2 reviews per week. I’d love to know how some of you bloggers juggle work, family, reading, and blogging so well. Maybe I have more of an organization problem than a time issue lol.
3. Write more. I’m not in any way a writer, nor do I have the way with words that some of you wonderful reviewers do but I do want to start adding more of my own personal touch to my blog. I want to commit to writing at least one post a week about whatever it occurs to me to write about that day. Book related of course.
4. Choose one meme that I enjoy and participate regularly. There are such great memes every week, from Story Siren’s IMM to Parajunkee’s Follow Friday. I’ve participated in several a couple times, but I would like to commit to one meme that I do every week.
5. Read something outside my preferred genre. I LOVE fantasy, and have been reading primarily fantasy only for a couple years now. But in 2010, I read a couple books completely outside of that genre that I really enjoyed. One being
|Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman|
So this year, I’d like to read at least 5 books that are completely outside the fantasy genres.
What about you? Any changes coming up for your blogs, reading goals etc. in the new year?